“The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.” (Psalms 28:7)
Music is a powerful form of expression. Music expresses this sense of the Holy God in an extraordinarily powerful way. It communicates our thoughts, praise and thanksgiving to our ever powerful Lord Almighty in a way that pleases Him.
The Choir is an imminent fragment that makes this process favorable and it is an inevitable part of the worship service of our Church. From time immemorial, musical worship has been a vital aspect of glorifying God. As the New Testament commands us, we are to be involved in teaching and commending one another, singing with grace and praise in our hearts to the Lord. The largest choir in the church is the congregation. Role of choir in leading worship is to help our church sing together and experience the presence of God. Leading the congregation in hymns and prayers is absolutely essential for worship, since praise is much desired by God. Music for worship is not for entertainment. Musicians are ministers appointed by God and music for worship is not our entertainment. It is an act of worship (1 Chronicles 16: 4-6). Choir members are to prepare themselves to be the leaders in corporate worship.
- To worship the Lord in hymns, spiritual songs and psalms and to aid the congregation to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth through singing.
- To afford an opportunity for Christian fellowship, for practical training in Christian service, and for healthy activities, both spiritual and physical, among members and friends of Nazareth Mar Thoma Church Dublin
- To exhort members to live consecrated lives in close communion with God and in daily study of His Word.
- To encourage members to witness for the Lord both in word, songs, hymns, deed and conduct, as individuals and as a group.
- To support the mission of the Church.
- To exalt the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ in its activities